Welcoming Our New Board Members
As 2020 begins, we would like to announce some new developments happening within our Board of Directors. As several longstanding members finish their terms, we welcome four new additions to help guide us as we move forward. These individuals bring to the table a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences including entrepreneurship, financial management, journalism, and education.
- Jennifer Sanders: An Emmy nominated global journalist, news anchor, college professor, and documentary filmmaker, Sanders is passionate about helping and empowering people through visual storytelling. She is currently the morning news anchor for NewsChannel 9 WSYR-TV, the ABC affiliate in Syracuse.
- Ryan W. York: York is an Investment Advisor Representative and Portfolio Manager who focuses on the unique needs of high net worth individuals and business owners. He started his own wealth management company after spending 8 years at a local regional broker dealer where he served as CEO from October 2015 to July 2019.
- Maithreyee (Mai) Dubé: Currently the Manager of Enrollment at the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University, Dubé has an impressive history of leadership and innovation throughout the educational sector.
- Matt Gardner: Gardner has more than 12 years of experience in the accounting and financial sector. He cofounded his own company, Gardner & Caparelli, in 2016 and has played on active role on several nonprofit boards throughout the Syracuse area.
The presence of these new members will bring fresh perspectives and a new energy to our foundation as we continue to find new ways to support and nourish the communities we serve. It is also a bittersweet occasion as we say goodbye to three past members of our board who have provided support and wisdom at every turn: Mayor Ben Walsh, M. Catherine Richardson, and Gwyn Mannion. We would like to offer our deepest thanks for their service and wish them well on their future projects.
- Michael Feng: President
- Merike Treier: Vice President
- Ron Tascarella: Treasurer
- Meg Tidd: Secretary