The Rosamond Gifford Charitable Corporation (The Gifford Foundation) is a private foundation dedicated to the stewardship of the funds entrusted to its care. The Foundation is committed to using its financial and human resources to build the capacity of individuals and organizations to enhance the quality of life for the community we serve.
Through initiatives, grantmaking, and community engagement, The Gifford Foundation directs its support with intentionality to meet organizations and individuals where they are and assist them in attaining their stated goals through capacity building.
1. We believe that the Gifford Foundation, in order to be knowledgeable and able to develop, should be enthusiastic about what they do, be open to learning from those with whom they work and be actively engaged in the community.
2. We believe that the Gifford board of trustees, in order to advance our grantmaking and initiatives, should be engaged in and informed about the Gifford Foundation and its role in the Central New York community.
3. We believe diversity adds value. From our staff and our board through our grantees and our community, we see diversity as representing different backgrounds and perspectives, thinking and abilities, and the willingness to listen to and understand divergent points of view.
4. We believe that organizations supported by Gifford should believe in enhancing their leadership, should value diversity as described above, should have the capacity to grow and should be open to change.
5. We believe that we build trust through open, honest and candid interactions.
A Guide To How We Facilitate Change
Stay in touch
We have a lot of stuff in the works - don't be the last to know.