Workshop Series: How To Write Better Grants
Published May 16th, 2023
Targeted primarily at grassroots and startup nonprofit organizations, this workshop will also include specific advice on how best to structure applications for the CNYCF’s Black Excellence Fund.
Participants will receive expert guidance on:
- Understanding the nine essential elements of grants.
- How grants should tell a compelling story.
- Learning the most common mistakes made by proposal writers.
Consultant Babette Baker will lead both sessions of the grant writing workshop.
Registration does not guarantee a spot at the workshop. You will receive a confirmation email once we have had time to review your submission.
Capacity: A maximum of two members per organization may attend.
Location: The Gifford Foundation (basement level conference room), 126 N. Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13202
Dates & Times: Thursday, June 1st from 4:30 – 7 pm and Saturday, June 10th from 9:30 am – 1 pm.
- Workshop 1 will explore grant basics including when to apply, key components of a grant application, budget basics, and strategies for finding grants.
- Workshop 2 will offer guidance on how to develop a concise proposal, how to use data to tell a story, and what to do once you have been awarded a grant.