Board Development Series
In our role as a funder, we have heard from many organizations that they face roadblocks when it comes to creating more inclusive and engaged boards. In response, we are launching a free workshop series in collaboration with The Central New York Community Foundation which will tackle these questions and many more over the course of three sessions:
- Why do you need a Board Development Committee (BDC)?
- What tasks should your BDC focus on?
- How can new board members be onboarded most effectively?
- How can you most effectively maintain compliance with New York State’s reporting requirements?
- Why is diversity, equity and inclusion work essential to building organizational capacity?
Registration does not guarantee a spot at the workshop. You will receive a confirmation email once we have confirmed that a board member from your organization is attending.
Roles, Committees, and Board Building
Group Dynamics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Ambassadors, Advocates, and Accomplices
- The series is free, however space is limited.
- We require that at least one board member be present. If you have a Board Development Committee, we recommend that a member be enrolled. But if you do not, please feel free to sign up and learn why forming this committee is essential.
- Enrollment is capped at three participants per organization.
- The curriculum is designed to target Board Development Committees.
- Location: Salt City Market (Community Room)
- Food: Dinner will be provided at no cost to participants.
- Dates: Sept. 29, Oct. 13, Oct. 27 from 4:30 – 7 pm
Thank you for your interest in our Board Development Series. Due to high demand, we have hit our enrollment cap for these workshops. Please continue to stay in touch with Gifford and check our announcements for news about future programming!